1 pkg (432 g) Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® Butter Pecan Cake Mix
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup butter, softened
½ cup maple syrup
- ) Heat oven to 350°F (325°F if using dark or non-stick pans). Lightly grease or spray with non-stick cooking spray one 12-cup (3 L) fluted tube pan, or cupcake pans if making cupcakes.
- ) Carefully mix all ingredients in a large bowl so that you don’t get lumps. Beat vigorously by hand for 2 minutes.
- ) Pour liquid mixture into lightly floured 12-cup fluted tube cake pan… or, spoon 3 tablespoons full into 24 cupcakes, making sure to not overfill them as they will rise quite a bit.
- ) Bake the cake 38-43 minutes… or, bake the cupcakes 12-17 minutes… or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- ) Take Betty Crocker® Cream Cheese Whipped Frosting out of the plastic container and into a microwave-safe bowl and place in microwave, uncovered, heat on medium for 10-15 seconds.
- ) Remove the frosting from microwave and spread over top of cake, allowing it to flow down the sides of the cake. Or you can use the frosting at room temperature to spread on cupcakes tops while still warm.
- ) Can be stored in fridge, loosely covered.
Add toasted chopped pecans to cake batter and garnish with chopped toasted pecans.
Use Fluffy Maple Frosting instead of Betty Crocker® Cream Cheese Whipped Frosting for more of a maple syrup flavour.
One 13” x 9” rectangular cake pan can be used – baking for 28-33 minutes.
Two 8” round cake pans can be used – baking 28-33 minutes.
Two 9” round cake pans can be used – baking 24-29 minutes.