1 1/3 cups of DRIED rice ( I use Jasmine)
4 eggs, beaten
7/8 cup of sugar (1 cup if you prefer sweeter)
1 cup milk (more, if you like yours soupy)
2 teaspoons vanilla
raisins (I use about 1 ½ handfuls)
1) Cook rice and drain. You now have 4 cups of cooked rice. Use all of it.
2) Butter a 1 quart casserole dish.
3) Combine main ingredients in casserole dish. I leave eggs until the very last if the rice is still warm… which it should be.
4) For best taste results, leave mixture stand for one hour before cooking.
5) Sprinkle with nutmeg.
6) Cook in oven set at 350° F for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
Serve hot, and pour milk over each individual serving.